We love to include as many fruits as possible in our Pink Clay Mask, and one fruit that definitely couldn't be missed is: MANGO!Where does mango come from?
Mango originate from tropical countries where the heat is suitable for growing the mangos. The mango in our mask comes all the way from Italy!
FUNNY FACT: Mango originated in southern Asia almost 4000 years ago. Many stories say Lord Buddha have often meditate in the mango grove, how fascinating to know!
Mango used in skincare
There are different ways to use mango in skincare. The extracts, butter, skins and pulp are all a way to use mango in natural skincare. In our mask we use the mango butter. The mango butter is made from the seeds of the mango and makes it a creamy butter. The butter is full of antioxidants that deeply moisturize the skin and will leave your skin glowing.
Mango is filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It's a harmless, natural way to take care of your skin. Mango is filled with:
- Minerals (such as Copper, Potassium, Beta-carotene and Magnesium)
- Vitamins (such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B(6), Vitamin E and Vitamin K)
Benefits for internal use
Mango has a lot of internal benefits. Next to the fact mango are delicious, it is also pretty good for you!
- It maintains overall health: the minerals in mango are a great remedy for high blood pressure.
- It boosts your immune system: the antioxidants can move inside cells to defend the body from certain autoimmune diseases.
- It can prevent cancer: mangos have high amounts of pectin, which contributes to lower cholesterol levels in the blood. And that can prevent the development of prostate cancer.
And much more!
Benefits for external use
After you know the many benefits of internal use, you may be curious what benefits mango has for external use. Well more then you can imagine:
- Mangos prevent acne breakout: mango will clear the pores and prevent blackheads and pimples. It is great for sensitive skin.
- Heals acne scares: mango heals acne scars while providing tons of nourishing moisture.
- Ease inflammation on the skin: the antioxidants in the mango help to ease the inflammation produced by acne.
- Removes dead skin cells: the AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) in mango will help remove dead skin cells from your skin. This will leave your skin glowing.
- Reduce dark spots and brighten the skin: the Vitamin C in mango will help brighten your skin and reduce dark spots
- Help prevent premature aging: the antioxidants and Vitamin A will both help to protect the body from free radicals that damage the skin and induce premature aging.
A quick summary: mango will leave your skin glowing! The AHA's, vitamins and antioxidants in this amazing fruit will clear the pores, fight acne and protect premature aging. All of these benefits got us excited to use mango butter in our Pink Clay Mask!