With the newest addition, the Foaming Micellar Make-up Remover, the Clay And Glow family now consists of two products that take care of the dirt on your face. We have regularly seen questions about what the difference is between the Triple AHA Straw-Jelly Facial Cleanser and the Foam. Read on for the differences in effects and use!
Difference between the Foaming Micellar Makeup Remover and Triple AHA Straw-Jelly Face Cleanser
The biggest difference is quite obvious, namely that the Foam is good for removing (non-waterproof) make-up and the Straw-Jelly rather gets rid of the stubborn residue of this makeup. This means that the Foam is better for surface cleaning and the Straw-Jelly cleans into the deeper layers of the skin. The reason for this is simple: they both contain different ingredients with different effects!
Main ingredients Foaming Micellar Make-up Remover:
- Aloe vera gel (2%) moisturizes the skin and ensures that it does not remain dry after washing off the make-up. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, aloe vera is rich in vitamins. This is especially beneficial for aging and acne-prone skin and ensures a hydrated and radiant skin.
- Glycerin (1.99%) makes an important contribution to the hydration of the skin. It prevents moisture loss by penetrating the top layer of skin and binding to the water in the skin. Thus it creates a kind of "water storage" in the skin. In addition, it also protects the skin barrier. As icing on the cake, glycerine makes the skin care product more spreadable. This way you have a flexible product that can do its job for the skin.
- Lactic Acid (0.5%) is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and has many benefits for the skin. Mainly, it exfoliates the skin, allowing the skin to regenerate itself. It is also moisturizing and brightening. Lactic acid has the ability to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. Hence, it is beneficial for almost every skin type, including mature skin. It is the perfect ingredient to target skin texture and hyperpigmentation.
Main Ingredients Triple AHA Straw-Jelly Facial Cleanser:
- Strawberry doesn’t make the cleansing gel only have a wonderful scent, it also helps protect and soften the skin. In addition, it reduces the visibility of pores. It also removes dead skin cells, creating a more even skin tone and reducing the visibility of pigmentation spots.
- Lactic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and has many benefits for the skin. Mainly, it exfoliates the skin, allowing the skin to regenerate itself. It is also moisturizing and brightening. Lactic acid has the ability to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. Hence, it is beneficial for almost every skin type, including mature skin. It is the perfect ingredient to target skin texture and hyperpigmentation.
- Glycolic Acid is also an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and is a key ingredient as it breaks the bonds between the outermost layer of skin cells, including dead skin cells, and the next skin cell layer. This creates a peeling effect that makes the skin look smooth and evens out the complexion.
- Amino Acid is the third Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and helps to heal and repair the skin and strengthen the tissue underneath.
- Lysine contributes to the build-up of collagen in the skin, which helps to reduce acne.
Because the two products have their own effect on their own skin layers, they are great to use together! The Foaming Micellar Make-up Remover is step 1 in the skincare routine. Once you have gently removed your make-up, you can cleanse the skin more deeply with the Triple AHA Straw-Jelly Facial Cleanser as step 2. Pro tip: you can even use the Straw-Jelly as a mask if you leave it on for 10 minutes. This way the ingredients can absorb even better into the skin!